Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Been kinda busy!

It's been a WHILE since my last post. Just haven't been able to find the time. Let's see, what's happened since March. Well, Hayden turned two, Spencer had a birthday, OH, I had the twins on May 1st. They were 10 weeks early and spent six weeks in the NICU. Talk about a rollercoaster ride. My water broke on Friday night at 11pm and they were born Saturday at 9 am almost. I delivered at Pitt Memorial Hospital and three weeks later, the twins were transfered to Wake Medical Center. Garrett James weighed 3 lbs and Ethan Spencer weighed 2 lbs 12 oz. They were both around 16 inches long. They came home on June 14, 2010. So far, life has been hectic, but absolutely wonderful.


Garrett James


Ethan Spencer




Hayden is in love with her little brothers.




They have been home now for 3 weeks and are 9 weeks old. They weigh 6.6 lbs (Garrett) and 6 lbs (Ethan). They are still like newborns, but are growing fast. My due date was originally June 11th.





One week old

Garrett
Ethan


12 Days Old

Ethan
Garrett


3 and a half weeks old

Garrett

Ethan


5 weeks and in the same crib!




At home finally! 6 weeks old!







2 Months





Looking back at the photos while writing this post has been humbling. How blessed am I? The NICU experience was difficult, but I have two healthy boys as a result. Both Wake and Pitt NICU teams were wonderful and did their best to keep us comfortable. Now my days and nights are filled with feedings, diaper changes and some crying, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My boys are definately little fighters!

1 comment: