Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The best Christmas yet...

This blog entry is WAY late, but since things have calmed down (somewhat), I figured I'd catch up.  Christmas just came and went, like it always does, but so much faster this year than in years past.  I was into decorating early (only one tree this year but will have more than that next) but dreaded cleaning up all the mess, which I finished today.  BUT, it was such a great holiday, as it always is, with some very special new additions. 

Hayden has finally turned into a diva rock star.  I knew she would, but tried to hold it off for as long as I could.  She was totally tuned in to all the holiday cheer this year, even crying when I packed up the tree this morning.  I told her that it and more would be coming back next year.  Of course that (and a sucker) made it all better.  Even though she didn't get very close, she was obsessed with Santa Claus.  She asked to see him e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y......  Not a huge production Christmas Eve.  Just fun with friends and family.  On Christmas morning, the boys woke up at their usual, 6:30, and we went in to wake a crabby Hayden, surprisingly.  After convincing her it was Christmas morning and Santa had come, she jumped out of bed and shredded open every present she could find.  It was PRECIOUS!



All three got a red Radio Flyer wagon and she got a pink Radio Flyer scooter.  She's been riding that scooter over every inch of my hardwood floors since that morning.  We couldn't test it outside because there was a foot of snow that fell Christmas night to the next morning.  What a way to end the holiday!  Only I'm really ready for it to melt.  Somehow I don't think that's the last of the snow we'll see this winter.  








Hayden just ended the first semester of preschool at Lakeside Baptist Church, by the way she loves school.  We're on a two week break and it's almost about to kill her (and me).  She asks to go every day.  Ms. Cannon and Ms. Marsha are her teachers.

Oh!  and the boys, my precious, sweet, always smiling, boys.  I couldn't have asked for better babies that come in pairs.  Even though they slept through most of the season,  I enjoyed them enjoying it.  They received mostly clothes, but got a few really cute and useful toys.  They will be EIGHT monthes old on New Year's Day.  They are trying to sit up on their own (for a few seconds anyway) and really ready to take off running.  It's hard to even get them to sit because of their stiff standing legs!  They eat around four 7oz bottles and baby food a day, each.  Neither has really caught the hang of taking long naps yet (their sister was a glorious napper), but we're working on that.  At least they sleep around 13 hours through the night.

Garrett went to his last eye appointment today.  The doctor ok'd his vision and he's on the right track developing.  We are so thankful for that.  I have been enjoying staying at home with them.  My aunt should be back at the end of January to help me.  She is such a blessing along with the rest of my family.  I have had a very interesting and thankful year.  I could not ask for anything more and my cup is truly full.  I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us!

1 comment: